The internet is a cost effective way of reaching your audience but a large percentage of those people lack the digital skills to buy or use your services online.
Browsealoud adds speech, reading and translation support to your website facilitating access and participation for those people with print disabilities, dyslexia, low literacy, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
Some important functions of Browsealoud are:
- Text-to-speech with choice of reading speeds and highlighters to enhance reading comprehension
- Translate web pages into 99 languages; speak translated text aloud in 40 languages
- On-screen text magnifier helps users with visual impairments
- MP3 generator converts text to audio files for offline listening
- Screen mask blocks on-screen clutter, letting readers focus on text being read
- Web page simplifier removes ads and other distracting content for easier reading
- Custom settings built in to suit individual user needs and preferences
Activate the ‘Browseraloud’ tool at the bottom of the page on the left.
Just click on the orange icon and an orange bar will appear at the top of the webpage offering many functions.
Find out more about the BROWSEALOUD tool by watching the official videos, Browsealoud Overview – Speech & Reading Support for Websites and Browsealoud overview – making your digital content more accessible and available for everyone .